How to Completely Remove Internet Download Manager
Internet Download Manager is a useful Windows application for download junkies, providing a unified interface that supports multiple simultaneous downloads (over HTTP, FTP and HTTPS), the ability to pause and resume any item in the queue, a feature for capturing embedded video from sites such as YouTube, scheduling items to download on a specified date and time and integration with all the browsers currently available for Windows.
If, however, you have decided you no longer wish to use Internet Download Manager, the application is fairly easy to remove in the Control Panel, and there is even a custom tool available to remove additional elements. Just follow the steps below to learn more.
Click the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel.
Click Uninstall a Program from the Programs section of the Control Panel. A list of programs currently installed on your system is displayed.
Locate Internet Download Manager in the list of installed applications and right-click it. Select Uninstall. Click Yes in the window that appears requesting confirmation.
The uninstall process commences. Follow the on-screen prompts.
Download the Internet Download Manager Remover from the link above. The file is a small executable and does not need to be installed – just run the program when it has finished downloading.
The Internet Download Manager developers produced the tool to assist with removing elements of the application that cannot be uninstalled using the traditional Control Panel method. This includes the components that integrate Internet Download Manager into web browsers.
Follow the on-screen prompts when the Internet Download Manager Remover launches, to enable it to rid your system of any residual components. Once this process is completed, the application should be fully removed from your computer.
Verify theInternet Download Manager application has been removed by performing a few simple checks.
- Firstly, click the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel again.
- As before, click Uninstall a Program from the Programs section of the Control Panel.
- Check that Internet Download Manager does not appear in the list of programs that appears. If it does, then try re-running through the steps in the main guide again. If this fails to remove the application from your system, then contact the developers for assistance.
Tips & Advice
- Although Internet Download Manager is considered to be one of the best programs of its type currently available for Windows, there are alternatives. Both GetRight and GoZilla have been around for many years, and are well-respected download managers. All three applications must be purchased if you intend to use them outside the 30 day trial period.
- Always remember that downloading copyrighted files from the internet is illegal in most countries, and could result in prosecution and severe penalties.
- Ensure you are running an antivirus application that is up to date with the latest definitions whenever you download files off the internet, especially if the source is not completely trusted.